Friday, November 30, 2007

Bread -Norwegian Carrot Bread

I suppose since I have been baking the Amish Friendship Bread so much when I see a bread recipe I get excited. Come to think of it when I see any good recipe I get excited. This was in a newspaper clipping that I had in my recipe collection.
AUNT GENEVA'S(not my aunt)NORWEGIAN CARROT BREAD
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup butter
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon each cinnamon, salt, baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup crushed pineapple drained
2 cups grated carrots, firmly packed
1 cup chopped nuts
Combine eggs, oil, butter and sugar in mixing bowl. Mix flour and soda with spices in separate bowl, then add to first mixture and beat well. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, carrots and nuts. Pour into 2 well-greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Yield:2 loaves

No comments: