Thursday, December 6, 2007

Main Dish-Apricot Chicken

Quick and easy is what this main dish chicken recipe is. I got this at a cooking class that I went to. You can half the recipe or make the whole amount and freeze it for a future meal. It is a favorite from the class I took. Actually, I get 4 meals from this because I put 2 pieces of chicken in the little tins from the grocery store, divide the mixture and pour on top, put each tin in a ziplock freezer bag, remove as much air from the bag as possible, and then freeze. When I want to use it for a meal, I thaw it in the fridge and then cook as directed. Love to serve with rice and steamed veggies.
APRICOT CHICKEN
1 (8 oz) bottle Catalina salad dressing
1 env. dry onion soup mix
1 (18 oz) jar apricot jam
8 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
Place chicken in 13x9 pan. Combine first 3 ingredients and pour over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Makes 8 servings

No comments: