Thursday, December 13, 2007

Main Dish-Spinach Enchiladas

I love fresh spinach in my salad and also spinach enchiladas. This is a recipe that I clipped from the newspaper and since it is rainy I have Mexican food on my mind.. Today I would rather go out and eat it instead of cooking in because that way maybe I could finish up my last minute Christmas shopping. Here's the recipe that I want to share today.
SPINACH ENCHILADAS
1 (10 oz) box of frozen chopped spinach
1 (10 oz) can light chicken soup
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup non-fat ( or low fat) plain yogurt
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 (4 oz) can green chilies ( I will probably not put as many)
2 ( or more) green onions, sliced, tops included
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
8 medium-size flour tortillas
Cook spinach, according to package directions, and drain. Mix with soup, sour cream, yogurt, flour, lemon juice, and chilies. Mix cheeses with green onions. Place 2 tablespoons cheese mixture on each tortilla, and about 1 tablespoon spinach sauce. Roll and place in sprayed ( or greased) 9-by-13 inch casserole. Top with remaining sauce. If desired, add more cheese on top of enchiladas (either Monterey Jack or mozzarella). Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Do not overcook. Makes 4-5 servings, more if you only serve 1 enchilada per serving.

No comments: