Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Soup -Taco Soup

There is nothing better than a great bowl of soup on a cool fall or winter day. At one time I said that I could eat a potato each day, then the pounds began to sneak up on me, and now I think I could eat soup each day so that I don't eat such a large meal. This is another recipe from a friend. Soups on!
TACO SOUP
2 (13 3/4 oz) cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
11 1/2 oz jar thick and chunky medium hot salsa
11 oz can Mexican-style corn
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese
Tortilla chips, broken into bit-size pieces
In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, black beans, salsa, and corn. Simmer, uncovered, to blend flavors, about 5 minutes.
Grate cheese and divide it and tortilla chips in serving bowls: ladle hot soup into bowls. Serve with additional chips and cheese if desired. YUMMY!

No comments: