Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Dessert -Crunchy-Nut Mincemeat Pie

I know I have a weakness for desserts. That's why I am on a diet or watch what I am putting in my mouth these days. Since it is getting near Thanksgiving I need to work harder on the exercising and watch the food intake so I can enjoy what I eat on the big day and not have a quilty feeling with each bite. The next recipe I am posting was also from the paper claiming it was another very old, very favorite recipe for Thanksgiving (or any time of the year). I know I will bake it to just see because I have never put red wine or grape juice in a mincemeat pie or coconut. Now that I think of it, have I made a mincemeat pie before? This may be my first and I hope you will give it a go too. GOBBLE, GOBBLE

CRUNCHY-NUT MINCEMEAT PIE
1 package mincemeat
1 and 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 apple, chopped
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup sweet, red wine or grape juice
1/2 cup raisins
Mix all ingredients in saucepan and cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and pour into unbaked crusts (1 large 10-inch, or 2 small 7 or 8-inch crusts).
Top with the following:
1 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 stick melted margarine
Mix until crumbly and sprinkle over this mincemeat. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown.

No comments: