Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Breakfast-Yogurt Pancakes

I don't eat pancakes that much, but love to eat wheat and nuts pancakes at IHOP. It is so nice to drizzle that warm syrup and melted butter over the top. I found this recipe in the newspaper and it was in a book called, "Recipes Old and New." I plan to give it a try on one of my get up early and cook pancakes morning day. Actually, I would much rather go to IHOP and have them cook and serve me the pancakes, but here's a recipe just in case for me and you want to cook pancakes.
YOGURT PANCAKES
1/2 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup yogurt, plain or fruit
1 egg
1 tablespoon cooking oil
Mix dry ingredients. Mix together yogurt, egg and oil. Combine dry ingredients with yogurt mixture. Cook on hot griddle. Some make 3 recipes for three or four and usually use 2 eggs, 1 egg white and only one-third the amount of oil when they triple the recipe. Some use plain, low or nonfat yogurt.

No comments: