Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dip-Artichoke Cheese Dip


St. Patricks' Day will be here before we turn around. I thought I would start searching and putting together a collection of recipes for the occasion. This dip is different from the one I posted earlier. It sounds good and I will post it as I found it on the web. The person posting gave us some suggestions that I will include. The recipe makes 8-10 servings and the calories amount to 263.

ARTICHOKE CHEESE DIP

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts (drained)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream cheese (softened)
5 garlic cloves, minced
Preheat oven to 350
Throw all ingredients in blender
Blend until smooth
Pour into 8x8 glass baking dish
Bake 20 - 30 minutes or until bubbly but not brown
Serve with bite sized pieces of bread
Notes from the one that posted this recipe: She tried to make this using low-fat mayo, sour cream and cream cheese and it just didn't turn out the same. It was good, just not as good. Since she only makes this for an occassional treat she just goes all out with the full fat version. She usually serves this to her book club of 6 ladies and they gobble up the whole batch.

2 comments:

Deborah Dowd said...

I am an artichoke fiend, and this sounds delicious. Can't wait to give this version a try!

Susan said...

I hope it is good! I am on a reduced calorie diet and looking forward to putting this dip together too in the future. I am trying to decide when I need to reward myself with it. Let us know how it is when you give it a try.