Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dip-Light Spinach Dip

I know that I have posted a spinach dip, but this one is different. It is also from my newspaper. I think I need to get in my recipe drawer and start back posting those again.
LIGHT SPINACH DIP
3 to 4 green onions, with tops
1/2 cup fresh parsley, packed into the cup
1 (10-ounch) package, frozen chopped spinach
8 ounce cream cheese (again, you may use the lower fat version)
3 tablespoons dried, minced onions
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
4 drops Tabasco hot sauce
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup lemon juice
Chop green onions and parsley finely in food processor. Add spinach which has been slightly thawed, and continue to process until spinach has been finely chopped. Remove from the processor, and place in medium bowl. Without washing bowl, add all the other ingredients, and blend until well-mixed. Mix with spinach and onions. Chill for several hours (or overnight)before serving. Serve with crackers or raw vegetables. This makes about 2 quarts of dip.

No comments: