Saturday, May 3, 2008

Main Dish-Veggie Fajitas


I am dashing around looking for Cinco de Mayo recipes. This is another one from my newspaper. It sounds good to me since I am dieting most of the time. Don't tell anyone, but I am not doing without totally. I think that is the best thing to do, don't you?


VEGGIE FAJITAS


1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 large onion, peeled and sliced into wedges
1 green pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup broccoli tops
1 zucchini, sliced thick
1 tablespoon olive oil
Mix water, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, spices, honey and Tabasco together in a large covered bowl. Add prepared vegetables and marinade for 1 hour in refrigerator. In a large skillet, heat oil and saute drained vegetables until crisp tender. Serve with warm whole wheat tortillas, and top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream and salsa.

Serves 6

No comments: