Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dessert-Carrot Cake

I am always looking for recipes and spotted this one posted by a teacher on a discussion board. It really looks good and I am putting it just as she posted it.

CARROT CAKE AND FROSTING
Carrot Cake:
2C Flour
2C Sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 C vegetable oil
1 small can crushed pineapple not drained
4 eggs
3 C grated carrots
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Mix ingredients and bake in a 350* oven for 45-60 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean. The cake bakes dark by the way.
Frosting (from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook):
beat together 2 3oz pkgs cream cheese softened (I just use the large 8oz pkg and call it good), 1/2 C butter softened, and 2 tsp. vanilla until fluffy. Add 2 C sifted powdered sugar beating well. Add another 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar or more to reach spreading consistency.
I don't sift my powdered sugar and I don't measure it. I'm a "dumper" until it's the way I like it.

No comments: